jueves, 10 de febrero de 2011



Loudog



Mitad humano y mitad perro. para escuchar Loudog
hay que asegurarse de tener bien puestos los zapatos
para bailar
«because this dog will make you move your feet!»

Influenciados por el ska, el reggae y el punk;
esta banda lleva a quien escucha su música
por un viaje salvaje a traves de una fusion de géneros
y estilos
que trae a la memoria grupos como
Mad Caddies, The Slackers o Sublime.
Desde que la banda se juntó,
se han movido rápido: han hecho varios tours por su natal
Alemania y produjeron dos albumes,
por eso han ganado buen terreno en
la escena ska-punk alemán.
Han compartido escenario con grandes grupos
Mad Caddies (USA), The Toasters (USA),
Karamelo Santo (Argentina),
The Real McKenzies (Canada),
The Slackers (USA) y muchos otros.

"Loudog hails from Braunschweig, Germany. Formerly known by the less appealing moniker “cumshot”, the band changed names in honor of their appreciation of Sublime and late (Sublime) singer Bradley’s dog. Kito delivers 11 tracks of upbeat roots ska with a bit of punk edge blended in. If I had to draw some comparison I would say that Loudog sounds a lot like a more ska oriented Millencolin. I’d also say they remind me of another band and I’m not sure who it is. I’m gonna go out on a memory loss limb and say that they sound like Umbrella Bed. Prove me wrong. If they do or don’t sound like someone else, what the do sound like is enjoyable. As usual it is refreshing to hear sounds from outside of my continent. Of note, Kito is released under the Creative Commons license. So maybe some enterprising young sound systems can mash some of these tracks into a wicked dub mix, no? It’s your call, but I like it."

Placa Recomendada:
"Kito" Loudog

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario